AOEIOGENE00001 : AdvanceOnline 8-Hour HAZWOPER (Refresher) New VERSION
The 8-hour HAZWOPER Refresher course satisfies the OSHA requirements in 29 CFR 1910.120 for eight hours of annual HAZWOPER refresher training. Workers and managers involved in clean-up operations at hazardous waste sites, who previously completed a 24- or 40-hour HAZWOPER training, are encouraged to take this course.
The purpose of the HAZWOPER refresher course is to reiterate safety best practices related to hazardous waste site operations.
After taking this course, the learner will be able to:
• Describe key topics outlined in the HAZWOPER regulation.
• Explain the requirements for HAZWOPER training, including requirements for annual refresher training.
• Identify the regulations in HAZWOPER that include site-specific components.
• Recognize the rules for handling drums and containers at HAZWOPER sites.
• Recognize the rules for adequate lighting and sanitation during hazardous waste clean-up operations.
• Identify what happens in the four steps of a site characterization and analysis.
• Identify potential hazards employees should be able to recognize at the workplace and list the symptoms of exposure.
• Outline the components of the hierarchy of hazard control.
• Identify the requirements for monitoring hazards and define the types of monitoring equipment.
• Outline the requirements for a medical surveillance program.
• Outline requirements for exit routes, including lighting and marking, fire retardant properties, and maintenance during construction, repairs, or alterations.
• Recognize the hazards associated with confined spaces.
• List the procedures and steps to follow when entering and working in a permit-required confined space.
• Identify the special rules that apply to a hazardous atmosphere confined space and to a confined space that may be reclassified from a permit-required confined space to a confined space.
• Identify the rules for decontamination at a HAZWOPER site.
• List the required elements of an employer's emergency response plan and the procedures for responding to an emergency at a hazardous waste clean-up site.
• Define the different types of PPE.
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training
Your cart is empty