OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety (Proctored)
AdvanceOnline Solutions is the provider of this OSHA Outreach Training Program online course.
NEW! Actively Proctored OSHA Outreach Online Training
OSHA 10-hour Construction Safety (Proctored) is actively proctored online training and both includes the declaration that the student is the individual receiving the training, that it was done without assistance, and has participation that is monitored at random times to ensure the individual receiving the training is present for the entirely of the training.
This course is a great option for those needing training under NYC’s Local Law 196. No special equipment required to participate in our typing pattern recognition technology.
Official DOL/OSHA cards will be issued for this course and include QR codes for quick verification on-site or elsewhere. Cards are mailed about 6 weeks after completion.
Employers who have trained their workers with the OSHA Outreach Program for Construction have seen reductions of up to 66% in lost-time injuries. This 10-hour construction safety course is the online version of that successful program and is intended to provide instruction on a variety of general construction safety and health standards. As an OSHA 10-hour course, you are expected to spend a minimum of 10 hours in the course.
Course topics include: Introduction to OSHA, Struck and Caught Hazards, Electrical Safety, Fall Protection, Ladder Safety, Excavation Safety, Scaffold Safety, Materials Handling, Crane Safety, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and Permit-Required Confined Space Entry.
OSHA recommends Outreach Training Program courses as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers. Workers must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on the specific hazards of their job.
- OSHA limits all OSHA Outreach Training (classroom and online) to a maximum of 7.5 hours training per day in all OSHA 10-Hour courses. As a result, all 10-Hour courses must be delivered over a minimum of two days.
- OSHA also defines Program Jurisdiction Restrictions. Outreach Training Programs are limited to OSHA Jurisdiction only. Student course completion cards can only be issued for students within U.S. jurisdiction (the 50 States and certain U.S. Territories).
- You must complete this training within 180 days.
Note: Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainers sign and mail an official DOL-OSHA 10-Hour card to students who successfully complete this course.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of OSHA in providing a safe and healthful workplace to workers covered by OSHA
- Identify struck-by and caught-in or caught-between hazards associated with serious construction-related injuries
- Identify safe work practices around electricity, including understanding electrical terms, basic electrical safety principles, and regulations which pertain to electrical safety
- Recognize the dangers involved in excavations and how to take responsibility and work safely around trenches and excavations
- Identify types of fall hazards and how to prevent falls in your work environment by using appropriate fall protection
- Identify the crane safety requirements for the construction industry, and explain how to avoid accidents and identify hazards when working on or around cranes
- Recognize ladder hazards and ladder-related injuries and how to select, inspect, and maintain ladders
- Identify how to properly use, maintain, store, and dispose of materials including safe operation of cranes, rigging, and mechanical equipment
- Identify a confined space, its hazards, requirements for confined spaces as listed under the Confined Spaces in Construction Standard, and duties and responsibilities of confined space workers
- Select a variety of PPE based on a workplace evaluation and types of hazards
- Recognize types of scaffolds and how to safely use them.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate AOS-Certificate-Osha-10-Construction
Your cart is empty